Residence Permit for Angola
A Residence Permit Visa is a document that allows foreign citizens to live and work in Angola for a specified period of time. The Angola Residence Permit Visa is also known as the Angola Work Visa and is a popular option for individuals who are employed in Angola or wish to start a business in the country. To obtain a Residence Permit Visa in Angola, you must follow a specific process and meet certain requirements.
Angola Residence Permit is for foreigners who want to move there permanently.The permit must be used within 60 days of the date it is issued, and allows its holder to stay in the country for 120 days. The permit can then be renewed for equal periods until a final decision has been made on a more permanent resident status.
If you are looking to move to Angola, you will need to apply for a residence permit visa. This permit is required for people who are staying in the country for more than 90 days and will allow them to remain in Angola legally. In this blog, we will break down the process and answer some of the most commonly asked questions about the Angola Residence Permit Visa.
You can apply for two types of residence permit in Angola, depending on how long you plan to stay in the country:
- Temporary residence permit: A temporary residence permit is a document that allows a foreign national to reside in Angola for a limited period of time, usually for the purpose of work, study, or other specific activities. To obtain a temporary residence permit in Angola.
- Permanent residence permit : A permanent residence permit is a document that allows a foreign national to reside in Angola for an indefinite period of time. To obtain a permanent residence permit in Angola
Required Documents for Angola Residence Permit Visa
When applying for an Angola Residence Permit Visa, it is important to make sure that you have all of the necessary documents in order. The documents required will vary depending on your circumstances, but there are some documents that are required in all cases. These documents include:
It is important to note that all documents must be translated into Portuguese if they are not originally in that language. Additionally, some of the documents may require additional authentication, so it is important to check with the Angola Embassy before submitting your application.
- Application Form : The official application form for a residence permit visa must be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Passport : A valid passport with at least two blank pages and a validity of at least six months from the date of arrival in Angola.
- Three Photos: Three passport-sized photos, taken against a white background, meeting the visa photo requirements, including size and resolution.
- ID Card Copy : An ID card copy is typically required when applying for a Residence Permit in Angola. The specific type of ID card required will depend on the individual's country of citizenship and residence. For example, individuals who are citizens of and residing in Angola may need to provide a copy of their national ID card, while foreign nationals may need to provide a copy of their passport.
- Residence Permit/Visa Copy (if your country of residence and citizenship are different) : If your nationality and citizenship are different, you will also be required to provide proof of a valid residence permit/passport with at least six months' validity remaining after the date on which you leave Angola.
- Photocopies : A copy of the main page from your passport.
- Travel Itinerary : Proof of accommodation in Angola, such as a lease agreement or a hotel booking confirmation, must be provided.
- Letter from Local Employer/Sponsor (Proof of Occupation): Proof of employment in Angola, such as a letter from an employer or a certificate of employment, must be provided.
- Proof of Financial Means : Proof of financial support for the duration of the stay in Angola must be provided, such as bank statements or a letter from a sponsor.
- Copy of the International Vaccination Certificate: The International Vaccination Certificate, also known as a Yellow Fever Certificate, is a document that certifies an individual has received the yellow fever vaccine. In some countries, including Angola, proof of yellow fever vaccination is required for entry. When applying for a Residence Permit in Angola, a copy of the International Vaccination Certificate may be required as part of the application process. The purpose of this requirement is to protect public health and prevent the spread of yellow fever in Angola.
- Letter or Request: A letter or request is a written communication that is used to make a request or ask for something. In the context of obtaining a Residence Permit in Angola, a letter or request may be a written document submitted as part of the application process, explaining the reason for the individual's stay in Angola and their need for a Residence Permit. This letter or request should be well-written and formatted, and should include all relevant information such as the individual's name, contact information, dates of arrival and departure, and the purpose of their stay in Angola. The letter or request should also provide details on the individual's employment, financial status, and any other information that may be relevant to the Residence Permit application.
- Health Certificate from the Country of Residence (to include all contagious diseases): Proof of health insurance coverage for the entire period of the stay in Angola must be provided.
- Statement of Commitment to Abide by the Angolan Laws : A Statement of Commitment to Abide by the Angolan Laws is a written declaration that an individual makes when applying for a Residence Permit in Angola. This statement confirms that the individual understands and agrees to abide by all the laws and regulations of Angola during their stay in the country.
- Statement of Responsibility: A Statement of Responsibility is a written declaration that an individual or a sponsoring organization makes when applying for a Residence Permit or a visa in Angola. This statement confirms that the individual or organization takes responsibility for the applicant during their stay in Angola. The statement should include details about the financial, medical, and other support that will be provided to the applicant during their stay in Angola. It should also include a clear and concise declaration of the responsibility taken for the applicant and their actions during their stay in the country. This statement is important for the Angolan authorities to assess the suitability of the applicant for a Residence Permit or visa.
- Proof of Payment of the Immigration Act Requested : Proof of Payment of the Immigration Act Requested is a document that confirms that the applicant has paid the required fees for the immigration process in Angola. The payment of these fees is mandatory for processing the Residence Permit or visa application. The proof of payment can be in the form of a receipt or a bank statement that shows the transfer of the required fees to the relevant authority. It is important to ensure that the proof of payment is accurate and up-to-date, as the immigration authorities in Angola may request additional information or clarification on the payment.
Having a clear and accurate proof of payment is essential to ensure a smooth and successful immigration process in Angola. It is important to follow the guidelines and requirements set by the immigration authorities for the payment of immigration fees to avoid any delays or complications in the process.
- For Minors: For minors, or individuals under the age of 18, additional documents may be required when applying for a Residence Permit in Angola.
Some of these requirements include:
- Birth Certificate: A copy of the minor's birth certificate is required as proof of identity and age.
- Parental Consent: Written consent from both parents or legal guardians is required for minors traveling to Angola. This consent should be notarized and include information about the duration of the stay and the purpose of the visit.
- Proof of Relationship: This includes a copy of the marriage certificate of the parents or legal guardians, or any other document that proves the relationship between the minor and the responsible adult.
- Passport and Photos: Minors are required to have their own passport and visa photos, following the Angola visa photo requirements and specifications.
Processing Time for Angola Residence Permit Visa
The processing time for an Angola Residence Permit Visa can vary depending on the number of applications being processed. Generally, it can take anywhere from two to eight weeks to receive a response from the Angola Embassy. Additionally, the processing time may be longer if your application is incomplete or if there are any issues with the documents that you have provided.
It is important to note that the processing time may also be affected by holidays and other events. Therefore, it is best to plan ahead and apply for your visa as soon as possible to ensure that the processing time is not delayed.
Angola Residence Permit Visa Fee
The fee for an Angola Residence Permit Visa will vary depending on the type of visa that you are applying for. Generally, the visa fee for a single entry visa is around $100 USD, while the fee for a multiple entry visa can range from $200 USD to $500 USD. Additionally, there may be other fees associated with the application process, so it is important to contact the Angola Embassy for more information.
Where to Apply for an Angola Residence Permit Visa?
The Angola Residence Permit Visa can be applied for at the Angola Embassy or Consulate in your home country. It is important to note that the application process may vary depending on the country in which you are applying, so it is best to contact the embassy or consulate for more information. Additionally, some countries may require that you schedule an appointment before submitting your application.
The Angola Residence Permit Visa is a necessary requirement for anyone looking to stay in Angola for more than 90 days. It is important to make sure that you have all of the necessary documents in order and to plan ahead to ensure that the processing time is not delayed. Additionally, the visa fee and where to apply for the visa may vary depending on your circumstances. If you have any questions about the Angola Residence Permit Visa, it is best to contact the Angola Embassy or Consulate for more information.
To obtain an Angolan residence permit, you must submit the required documents to Angola's Immigration Department or its embassy.
All foreign employees must apply for their work visa at an Angolan consulate. Required documents include a letter from you, the completed application forms and 2 passport-size photos of each applicant.