Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival
In March 2018, Angola began issuing e-Visas to travelers from 61 countries upon their arrival in the country. The pre-registration process for visas is simple, online and it only takes a few minutes. Once the application has been submitted and accepted, you will receive an e-receipt via email that must be printed out and presented to immigration officers upon arrival at your destination country.
The Tourist visa is valid for one or more entries and allows you to stay in Angola up to 30 days each time. This may be extended once, for an equal period.
An online pre-visa can be applied for through the website. This option requires travelers to provide all necessary documentation and pay the visa fee prior to their trip. The pre-visa is then reviewed and approved by the Angolan authorities, and once approved, a physical visa can be obtained upon arrival in Angola.
The visa on arrival option allows travelers to obtain their visa at the point of entry in Angola, without having to apply for a pre-visa beforehand. In this case, travelers must present all necessary documents and pay the visa fee at the Angolan immigration office upon arrival.
It is important to note that while both options are available to travelers, the Angolan authorities may choose to reject a visa application, regardless of whether it was applied for online or upon arrival.
The process of obtaining a visa for Angola can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the visa option chosen and the processing time at the Angolan authorities.
Angola Online pre-visa/Visa on arrival Eligible Countries:
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
- Equatorial Guinea
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
*Above nationals can also apply for a visa in Angola embassies/consulates
Airport/Border of Arrival:
The airport or border of arrival in Angola is an important factor to consider when applying for a pre-visa or visa on arrival. Visitors must check the requirements and procedures for obtaining a visa or pre-visa at the specific airport or border they plan to enter Angola through. Different entry points may have different requirements, processing times, and fees, so it is important to research in advance and plan accordingly. Some visitors may need to apply for a pre-visa online before traveling, while others may be eligible for a visa on arrival at the airport or border. It is essential to have all required documents and information ready for inspection by immigration officials when entering Angola.
- Aeroporto Internacional 4 de Fevereiro de Luanda
- Mukanka Airport
- Calai Border Post
- Katuitui (Katwitwi) Border Post
- Luau Border Post
- Mucusso Border Post
- Massabi Border Post
- Santa Clara Border Post
Required Documents for Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival
The required documents for obtaining an Angola Online Pre-visa or Visa on Arrival can vary depending on the purpose of your visit. However, in general, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Passport: A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and with at least one blank page.
- Photo: A recent passport-sized photo that meets the Angola visa photo requirements.
- Onward ticket: A confirmed onward ticket to show that you have a plan to leave Angola.
- Hotel bookings: Confirmed hotel bookings or proof of accommodation in Angola.
- Purpose of visit: A clear explanation of the purpose of your visit to Angola, such as business, tourism, study, etc.
- Financial support: Proof of financial support, such as bank statements or a letter of sponsorship, to show that you have the means to support yourself during your stay in Angola.
- Health certificate: A recent health certificate to show that you are in good health.
- Employment letter: A letter from your employer, if you are traveling for business purposes.
- Business invitation: An invitation letter from a business partner in Angola, if you are traveling for business purposes.
- Proof of relationship: If you are visiting a family member in Angola, you may need to provide proof of your relationship, such as a birth certificate or marriage certificate.
When you arrive in Angola, the following documents are required:
- Printed Angola e-Visa
- Travel Itinerary including:
- Flight reservation
- An existing hotel/accommodation booking with full address, contact information and booking reference.
In addition to the above, you may be required to provide additional documents based on the specific circumstances of your visit. Before applying for an Angola Online Pre-visa or Visa on Arrival
Processing time for Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival
The average time it takes to process an Angola Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival application is 4–8 working days, though the period may vary due to a number of factors. In general, it is a good idea to apply for a visa well in advance of your intended travel date to ensure that you have enough time to complete the process and receive your visa before you depart.
Angola Online pre-visa/Visa on Arrival Application Cost
Angola's visa/visa-on-arrival fee is 120 USD (paid in cash at the border). The cost may vary depending on your nationality and country of origin.
The cost of an Angola online pre-visa/visa on arrival varies and depends on several factors, including the type of visa you are applying for, the processing time, and the fee schedule set by the Angolan immigration authorities. In some cases, you may need to pay additional fees for expedited processing or for other services related to your visa application.
Where to Apply for Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival Application?
The Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival application can be submitted online through the official website. Some countries may also have the option to apply through (official government website. It is recommended to check the specific guidelines for your country of origin before starting the application process.
You can apply for a Visa on Arrival online.
The specific procedure for an Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival Application may vary and is subject to change. However, the general steps involved in the process are as follows:
- Check Eligibility: Confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements for a pre-visa or visa on arrival in Angola.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all necessary documents, including a passport with at least 6 months validity, a return ticket, proof of accommodation, and proof of sufficient funds.
- Submit Application Online: Fill out the online visa application form, upload the required documents, and pay the visa fee.
- Wait for Processing: Wait for the processing of your application, which may take several days.
- Receive Approval: If approved, you will receive an electronic visa or pre-approval letter via email.
- Travel to Angola: Present the approved visa or pre-approval letter, along with other required documents, upon arrival at an Angolan port of entry.
- Obtain Entry Stamp: If all requirements are met, you will be issued an entry stamp in your passport, allowing you to enter Angola.
It's important to regularly check the official website for the latest updates on the Angola Online Pre-visa/Visa on Arrival Application process, as requirements and procedures may change.